|BEHIND THE MUSIC|
rockmusiclims, or Rock Music Last Icon Maker Standing, is an icon challenge community founded by xenylamine and ohthatisbadnews and now moderated by xenylamine and mihakken, who are rabid music fan.
This is a weekly elimination icon competition that goes on until there is only one icon maker left "standing." It's also all about rock music, all kinds of rock music in all languages. Think: American Idol for icons! Only your ears don't bleed and we don't wear argyle sweatervests. Often.
The original idea for icon LIMS was created by disney_hush. Our inspiration to make this community came from hplims and animanga_lims.
01. Each week you will be given one or more rock music-related images to use for making your contest entry. There will be a different rock artist for each Challenge. The given image(s) are the only image(s) you are allowed to use. DO NOT use any other images in your icon apart from the one(s) we give you. However, you may use stock photos, textures, brushes, or patterns to your heart's content. There may also be other restrictions for your icon per challenge, but we we will inform you of them in the submission post. If you feel that your icon requires an explanation, you may submit it with the icon. Do not, however, ask us to post the comment in the voting post; you will be denied. No exceptions.
02. Submitted icons must be compatible with LiveJournal; 100x100 px and 40 kb, and only .jpg, .gif, and .png file formats.
03. Do not promote your icon, and do not post, display, or otherwise use your icon anywhere on the Internet until after that particular challenge is over and the results have been posted. Sharing your icon with your friends is equivalent to promotion, especially if they are also participants here.
04. Do not submit an icon that has been or will be submitted in another icontest (cross-submission). Icons that are merely variations of one another count. Submitted icons must be no more than 7 days old, or as old as the submission post (if the deadline has been extended). Please make your icon *fresh* and specifically for the contest. Reusing old icons with new text for this icontest is not allowed. Requiring that you make your icons specifically for the current challenge has been a long-standing rule in most icontests.
05. Please adhere to the deadlines. If your icon is not submitted on time, you will be disqualified from the round unless you have an available bye (skip). Each participant gets one bye standard; more may be earned (click here for more information on earning additional byes). If you forget to submit an icon, we will count it as a bye unless you say otherwise (e.g. you drop out of the round). Check your byes here. Also please note that you may not use a bye for the first Challenge or the last few Challenges of a round. Please note that if you are going on vacation or you have an extenuating circumstance, we are able to give you up to TWO themes in advance. However, you have to request this specifically; we will not offer. You must complete all themes by their respective deadlines, even if they are given in advance.
06. Do not complain if you are eliminated. The majority of the people who participate will be eliminated at some point in the round! If you cannot handle losing and/or criticism, this competition is not for you; please do not participate if you have a problem with this.
07. Flaming, wanking, bitching, and whining will not be tolerated. If you have a legitimate problem, please speak to one of the moderators.
08. If we find you breaking or abusing the rules, your icons and/or votes may be disqualified and you may even be banned from the community WITHOUT NOTICE.
By participating in this icontest, you thereby implicitly state that you have read all of these rules and that you agree with and will abide by them. If you need any clarification, please contact us and ask.
|READY TO ROCK?|
01. Please join the community before you sign up. Only community members are allowed to post comments (and therefore sign-up, submit icons, and vote). Remember to watch the community as well so you don't miss any deadlines. Everyone is encouraged to join; you don't need to be a contestant to vote, but you do need to be a member of the community.
02. Sign up here for Round #005!
03. The deadline for icon submission is Sunday at 8:00 PM EST/EDT (-05:00 GMT/BST). Voting will begin shortly after that and will run until Tuesday at 7:00 PM EST/EDT. Results and the new challenge will be posted on Tuesday evenings, around 8:00 PM EST/EDT. If you have any questions about this schedule, please ask!
04. When voting, you will be voting for the icon(s) you find to be of lesser quality as well as your favorite icon(s). The number of icons of each type for which you need to vote will vary depending on the week and the number of participants for that week. We will specify the numbers for you at the beginning of every voting post. Please vote for the exact number we ask; this is crucial to the elimination process.
05. You need to provide a moderately detailed explanation for all of your elimination votes. Please judge based on technique and aesthetic quality, not personal preferences (such as favorite color, or the icon maker you think made the icon). We reserve the right to void any vote we feel is unfair or petty. Votes like, "It doesn't appeal to me," are not valid unless you give an explanation of why the icon does not appeal to you. (In fact, don't reference yourself in your negative critiques at all, because that demonstrates subjectivity on your part.) Remember that critiques are a way for icon makers to improve; the more detailed you are in your critiques, the more helpful you are. If you need additional assistance in voting, please see our comprehensive voting tutorial.
06. The icon maker(s) with the greatest number of 'least favorite' votes at the end of the challenge will be eliminated from the round. Those who do not submit on time as well as those who do not keep their submission anonymous will also be eliminated, but by disqualification (which is quite different).
07. There will be a People's Choice award every week for the icon that receives the most 'favorite' votes. If there is a tie for this, then we will look at total points to break the tie. The People's Choice icon will be featured as the default icon in the community for the next week, and will be eligible for a spiffy banner.
08. Eliminations, disqualifications, and the People's Choice icon will be announced in the results post, along with the vote counts. If you would like to know the critiques your icon received, you may respond to the results post with your icon number and we will reply to your comment with the critiques, both positive and negative. Comments with critiques will be screened so that no one except the moderators will be able to see them, but they will be e-mailed to you as a LJ comment reply. If you are not e-mailed your critiques, please let us know. All critiques will remain strictly anonymous. Please do not ask to know who voted for your icon, because we will not tell you.
09. Half-way through each round, a Comeback Challenge will be offered to those participants who have been eliminated (not disqualified) in previous Challenges. The Comeback Challenge will be run in a week separately from regular Challenges. The top two icon makers (by popular vote) from the Comeback Challenge will be invited to rejoin the round in the next regular Challenge. Voting for the Comeback Challenge will be run as regular icontest voting, the guidelines for which will be detailed in the voting post of the Comeback Challenge. Please note that only eliminated icon makers will be allowed to enter the Comeback Challenge; if an icon maker is disqualified (no more byes, cheating, etc.) they will not be allowed to enter the Comeback Challenge.
10. People's Choice and Mods' Choice icons makers' are eligible for banners. Please comment promptly to the results post if you have won and would like a banner. Banners will be posted as soon as possible after the results post.
11. Please include the phrase get ready to rock somewhere in your comment when you sign up so that we know that you have read all of the rules.
6-month LJ paid account + 6-month extra userpics or $25 gift certificate at amazon.com or $25 gift certificate at thinkgeek.com or $25 gift certificate at bathandbodyworks.com or $25 gift certificate at cduniverse.com or $25 gift certificate at threadless.com
2-month LJ paid account + 2-month extra userpics or $10 gift certificate at amazon.com or $10 gift certificate at thinkgeek.com or $10 gift certificate at bathandbodyworks.com or $10 gift certificate at cduniverse.com
Once you have won, please contact us to let us know which prize you have chosen. Your full name and email address will be necessary for processing.
10variations ~ ten variations icon challenge
airgear_awards ~ airgear icontest
aguilera_lims ~ christina aguilera last icon maker standing
akatsuki_awards ~ akatsuki (naruto) icontest
anime_itest ~ anime icontest
animelims ~ anime last icon maker standing
anippon_lims ~ asian music last icon maker standing
avrillims ~ avril lavigne last icon maker standing
banner_rewards ~ the banner maker rewards program
bishoujo_awards ~ bishoujo (females) icontest
bishounenawards ~ bishounen (males) icontest
bleach_icontest ~ bleach icontest
bleachorus ~ lyrical bleach icontest
brit_chllg ~ british pop culture icontest
bssm_battle ~ bishoujo senshi sailor moon icon tournament
curiouslyiconic ~ icon journal of mrs_weasley_xx
dattebayo_still ~ static naruto icontest
doctor_who_lims ~ doctor who last icon maker standing
emilie_stills ~ static emilie autumn icontest
garfield_ic ~ garfield icontest
garnerlims ~ jennifer garner last icon maker standing icontest
gazette_stills ~ static gazette icontest
hikkie_heaven ~ icon journal of hikaru__sama
hogwarts_battle ~ harry potter battle-style lims
house_challenge ~ house md icontest
hp_stillness ~ static harry potter icontest
icon_roulette ~ various-themed 25-icon icontest
icontested ~ open fandom icontest
ino_icontest ~ yamanaka ino (naruto) icontest
inuyasha_lims ~ inuyasha last icon maker standing
itachi_icontest ~ uchiha itachi icontest
japanawards ~ japanese icontest
je_battle ~ johnny's entertainment battle-style lims
jmusic_abc ~ alphabetical japanese music icontest
jpop_lims ~ japanese pop last icon maker standing
jrock_awards ~ japanese rock icontest
jrock_scans ~ japanese rock image scans
jrock_stillness ~ static japanese rock icontest
jrock_translate ~ jrock media translations
kkm_itest ~ kyou kara maou! icontest
lims_tori ~ tori amos last icon maker standing
lmc_daily ~ l.mc fan community
metal_lims ~ metal last icon maker standing
metal_rumble ~ rock and metal rumble icontest
metal_stillness ~ static metal icontest
midinetteicons ~ midi:nette icontest
miyaviicontest ~ miyavi icontest
movie_stillness ~ static film icontest
piehole_lims ~ pushing daisies last icon maker standing
potc_lims ~ pirates of the caribbean last icon maker standing
pretear_awards ~ shin shirayuki densetsu hime prétear icontest
pv50 ~ music promotional video icon challenge community
rainydayrp ~ multi-fandom roleplay game
ramm_icontest ~ rammstein icontest
rickman_lims ~ alan rickman last icon maker standing
rickman_stills ~ static alan rickman icontest
sacred_finale ~ angelo fan community
scandi_chllg ~ scandinavian pop culture icontest
set_challenge ~ general-themed sets icontest
shinigami_lims ~ bleach last icon maker standing
snape_stillness ~ static severus snape (harry potter) icontest
subliminalicon ~ icon journal of xenylamine
themed_lims ~ weekly themed last icon maker standing
th_icontest ~ tokio hotel icontest
thlims ~ tokio hotel last icon maker standing
triumphdesigns ~ icon journal of itsarush
vampire_lims ~ vampire last icon maker standing
videogame_lims ~ video games last icon maker standing
vsalims ~ victoria's secret angels last icon maker standing
wtf_desuka ~ japanese music gossip ♥
If you would like to affiliate, please click here.
|WE RULE, OK?|
Community layout by premade_ljs with edits and graphic featuring LM.C by xenylamine.
Promotion graphics by utaeru, xenylamine, poisonangel7, stellazeee, thrift, utrose_graphics, hikaru__sama, and itsarush.
Current profile graphic featuring Tokio Hotel is by malionette. Profile and past profile graphic featuring My Chemical Romance by xenylamine. Profile code and rules have been adapted from animanga_lims. Thanks, guys! ♥
Promote the community to win extra byes! See this post for more information!
If you have a Last.fm account and friend the moderator, you win a special prize! You'll need to let us know, though. Just comment to any post to inform us!
Comments, questions, or suggestions? Please let us know, HERE.